Julie and BIll, two of our volunteers who are auditing the museum’s ephemera collection, are coming across hundreds upon hundreds of historical ‘bits of paper’ as they work. The piece they’d like to share with us this week is a car registration document (acc no. 1971-176) dated 29th May 1908. It’s for a two-seater, nine horse-power motor car belonging to Henry Lawson of Morley, who bought it for £210 (approx £21,000 today!) from George & Jobling, Motor Car Agents and Engineers of Darlington. The car resgistration number was J1027.